White eggplant recipes and health benefits
The original habitat of white eggplant is India and Bangladesh. Then, they spread to Asia and Europe via the trade route. This eggplant has been cultivated in this region since ancient times. Today white eggplant is available in Asia, Europe and the United States.
This eggplant has been traditionally used in Asian medicine since 1330. It is used in Ayurvedic medicine in India.
Two species are more common. One is an ornamental species and the other is a domesticated species. Ornamental eggplant is used only for decoration and to add a snow-white color to the garden.
This eggplant is commonly used around the world for culinary preparations. The varieties of this eggplant are Casper, Easter Egg, Cloud Nine, Ghostbuster, White Beauty, Albino and Tango.
White eggplants are slightly curved and oblong. The average length of fruits is 10-17 cm. The outer skin is smooth and bright white. The flesh is creamy in color. The seeds are edible and white in color.
These eggplants are best suited for cooking applications such as pan-frying, deep-frying, grilling and baking. These eggplants can be grilled, fried and cooked with other vegetables as a side dish.
These eggplants are usually available during the summer season. It is good for up to three days if stored in a cool and dry place.
White Eggplant benefits:
- White eggplant is rich in iron and calcium which fills the iron deficiency in the body and strengthens the bones. The unique color of this eggplant is more effective than looking beautiful. Eggplant coloring compounds reduce osteoporosis and strengthen bones.
- White eggplant is a good source of vitamins and minerals. It helps in the normal nutrition and growth of the body and boosts the immune system. They are a great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Niacin, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Manganese, Fiber, Folic Acid, Potassium and many more.
- These eggplants contain high fiber which is an important ingredient for maintaining a balanced diet. It improves your gastrointestinal health. Besides, it helps in the digestion process and speeds it up. Fiber not only helps in the process of digestion but it also helps in improving the health of your heart.It regulates cholesterol levels in the body by absorbing cholesterol.
- This eggplant contains various antioxidants. Antioxidants are one of the best protections of the human body against cancer and other infectious diseases. This eggplant contains antioxidants like manganese that play a role in protecting your organs.
- Eggplant is rich in natural chemicals called phytonutrients which are known to improve mental health. This chemical increases blood flow throughout the body and to the brain. Phytonutrients help boost memory by stimulating your nerve pathways to develop.
How to cook white eggplant
Roasted white eggplant Recipe:
It is easy to roast this eggplant. The recipe of roasted white eggplant is given below-
1 large white eggplant
2 teaspoons kosher salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Slice the eggplant into 1-inch-thick sticks lengthwise. Add salt to the sliced eggplant. Place the eggplant pieces on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
Arrange the rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400 F. Boil the eggplant sticks for 30 minutes. Then wash the eggplant under cold water and dry it well. You can dry it with a paper towel.
Season the steak. Transfer the eggplant steaks to a baking sheet and spread them on a single layer. Combine oil, soy sauce and paprika in a small bowl, then brush both sides and ends of the steak.
Fry eggplant for 20 minutes until golden-brown and tender. Serve immediately.
Grilled white eggplant:
2 tablespoons fine sea salt
1 cup warm water
6 to 8 cups cold water
3 medium eggplants
1/3 cup olive oil
Cut the eggplant into 3/4-inch thick pieces. In a large bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt in 1 cup of warm water. Add 6 to 8 cups of cold water to this saltwater. Set the brine to one side.
Place the slices in the brine of saltwater. Let soak for at least 30 minutes or an hour. Remove eggplant from the saltwater and dry the slices with a paper towel.
Place the slices on a large baking sheet or tray. Brush one side of the eggplant pieces with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Then place the slices on the grill. When using a gas or electric grill, close the lid and cook until the grill stains. Cook for about 5 minutes as if the pieces are soft. Serve hot with fried eggplant.